Monday, October 13, 2008

Raccoon

With exactly one month left until Isabel's arrival, I have begun to feel incredibly overwhelmed. Over the last two days, I have been surrounded by friends, coworkers and family to help celebrate this little one's arrival. I have sat back in awe at God's amazing goodness to us. He has richly provided EVERYTHING she will need to settle into our home. I was in bed Saturday night and began crying (I am sure you're shocked!) as I recalled those who have made lasting imprints on my life. Almost all of those women attended one of my baby showers. Amazing grace. Even more amazing that they will be a part of my daughter's life as well.

Though we received a TON of gifts, I have several favorites-shhh....
1. The Pink Chucks from my cousin.
2. The smocked dress from my aunt.
3. The RACCOON from my mom!!!!

Story of raccoon: Yesterday, at my church shower, I received a box from my mom, labeled "continuing a Turek tradition." Inside was a stuffed raccoon. Why? Well, as a baby, I received a stuffed raccoon that I slept with until the week of my wedding. No kidding. I had to slowly wean myself off before my wedding night. First Raccoon (yes, that is his name) slept on my pillow instead of under my arm. The next night he slept by my side, then at my feet, and then on the floor. Now, he rests securely in the closet. I was honestly considering bringing him out to watch over Isabel. Now, Isabel will have her own raccoon to love and sleep with until she is married!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, the Raccoon gift is the sweetest!

Becoming a Morrison said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Lib, I was just thinking the other day about your raccoon! Remember when Beth threw it off the balcony in OC? What a jerk ;) I think that's so special that your mom got Isabel one. How sweet! That brings tears to my eyes. Once again, sorry I missed your shower. xoxo, Laura

Anonymous said...

What a special gift!

Anonymous said...

I'm just thankful you didn't name your daughter...First Baby. :) I loved seeing you get that gift and being with you at the shower!