Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fall recipe

I love fall-mainly because it's the season for making many of my favorite foods! I posted this recipe in 2005, but thought it could use another nod three years later.

Jewish Apple Cake

4 Lg. apples (anything crunchy will do just fine-I usually use Granny Smith and Red Delicious)
5 T. sugar
2 t. cinnamon

3 C. flour
2 C. sugar
3 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
4 eggs
1 C. oil
1/3 C. Orange Juice
2 1/2 t. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel, core, and thinly slice apples. In a bowl combine apples with sugar and cinnamon. Let sit while prepping batter.

Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Pour liquid ingredients over dry. Mix well.

In a greased and floured tube pan (or bundt), layer batter and apples, starting and ending with batter. Make sure the batter is covered with the apples, but not too thickly or it won't bake through.

Bake for 1 1/2 hours. At times I've needed to bake for almost 2 hours.

3 comments:

Aimless Wanderer said...

Is this the recipe you mentioned after I went apple picking?

Libby said...

It is! =)

Marie said...

MMMMM. I LOVE your Jewish Apple cake :)