Friday, October 17, 2008

For Laura

Raccoon and I go way back. Sort of like my friendship with the Jacobs family. Laura and I met while playing hopscotch in "K Ct." I remember that day like it was yesterday. I also remember the day that Beth thought it would be a grand idea to torture my fragile little soul. We were vacationing together as families in Ocean City, MD. Our condo was up several flights and overlooked the ocean. Beth was, how shall I say, downright mean to Laura and me. Just ask her, she'd admit that!

It was early in the morning, and Laura, Raccoon and I had sneaked out onto the balcony before anyone was awake. Beth came up behind me and asked to see Raccoon. Naively, I let her hold my dear stuffed animal. A sly grin spread across her face as she dangled him over the balcony. As I screamed for her to stop, she let Raccoon go. He soared down to the ground, until I was no longer able to see him. I was convinced that she had killed him; and I was about to kill her. Laura and I ran inside-me to tell my parents and her to tell her parents. I don't quite remember the sequence of events, but I know that it ended with Beth being scolded and Raccoon being rescued.

Isabel will NOT be allowed to share her raccoon with Cameron OR Beth's newest little one. Ever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so special :) I love it! I think we were eating Captain Crunch on the balcony at the time. We do go way back, don't we? I love that we are still friends. We may not get together a lot, but I do cherish your friendship. There aren't many people that can say they've been friends with someone for 20+ years (unless of course they are old) ;) I love you Libby and I'm glad we have these memories :) xoxo, Laura

Anonymous said...

Haaaaa!

Becoming a Morrison said...

That is the funniest story! Maybe it's the older sister in me, but I KNOW I did similar things to my siblings...I’m so grateful that my siblings were so forgiving…

Anonymous said...

I really was mean. Don't keep telling me how mean I was because I'll cry and start talking about the Cross and forgiveness, just ask Laura!!! She's the worst with it :) But I know I was really horrible.

And Laura, can your mouth about the "old" comment. I've been best friends with Becky Barrow for almost 19 years and we met IN HIGH SCHOOL!!!

Love you Libs :)