Friday, July 04, 2008

Week 21

This week has continued to bring changes on the baby front. Bella's kicks are no longer flutters, they are now kicks and jabs! Tuesday, I was laying on the couch reading, when she started moving around. I looked at my stomach and could see it moving at the location of her kicks. What an amazing sight and feeling! It's hard to believe that this baby girl is truly living and growing inside of me.

We've begun our hunt and search for baby bedding so that we can paint the nursery. I found a design I absolutely LOVE, but then saw the price tag. So, Sharon Lilley and I are going to make the bedding! That will be a fun adventure. Now, if I can only find material that looks exactly like this:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might like the fabric designs of Amy Butler. On the pricey side, but you can check online . . .

krista said...

LOVE the material--hope you can find something similar. I too cringed when I saw the "norm" prices of the bedding.

My mom and I made a set: dust ruffle, quilt, and bumpers. But I was going for a country homespun look: yellow gingham, white on white flowers, and a petite leafy design in pale green. We didn't know if we were having a girl or boy so it's now reusable. :-)

Happy shopping!

Anonymous said...

i love that and hope you find something similar or that you love just as much.

Anonymous said...

I love that material! Super cute. See ya tomorrow! Laura

Anonymous said...

DIBS,
This is your first child, you will get everything you need and more at your shower! Believe me... especially if it's the first grandchild on one of the sides, not sure if it is for you or not.
I say don't give up on those dreams of having super cute bedding that they won't use. Make your husband paint the room and put up chair rail in a room that has no chairs! It's important for the room to look good and not be used. It preserves it's cute-ness. Opps, did I say too much? Don't tell Laura...
:)

Melodye said...

Absolutely beautiful, Libby!! Great taste, of course!! I agree with what Laura said -- paint the room, get it ready and wait for the gifts :-) Seriously, I will be on the lookout for that fabric -- while it would be nice to get it, you may find it fun to make it!! Love, Melodye (Momma O)