Thursday, July 31, 2008

Black Bean and Pepper Salad

At food...I mean book...club on Saturday, one of the gals made this amazing, summery bean salad. I love anything with black beans, and this was so good I could have eaten serving after serving!

Black Bean and Pepper Salad

by Michelle Ryan




1 can black beans -rinsed

1 can corn-I used one fresh ear of corn, cut off the cob

3 peppers-I used one yellow and one organge and only used 3/4 of each (I'm not a huge pepper fan)

1/2 cup red onion, diced

1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced

Fresh cilantro, well chopped

1/4 cup olive oil

4 tbsp red wine vinegar

juice of 1 lime

pepper and salt, to taste


Seed and dice peppers. Combine peppers, onion, corn, garlic and cilantro. Toss. Add olive oil, vinegar and lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss and add black beans.


SOOOOO good. I am serving this tonight with Cuban Rice and Beans for dinner. Perhaps a little overboard on the black beans, but, like I said, I love beans!


2 comments:

krista said...

I'm more a fan of pinto beans...had my fill of frijoles in Guatemala and Honduras...but this did sound yummy!

Check out the Fresh Corn Salad recipe I'm posting tomorrow! (No beans though--sorry.)

Anonymous said...

naturally like your [url=http://www.pascherlongchampsac.eu/sac-double-portable-longchamp-c-5.html]Sac Double Portable Longchamp[/url] website but you have to test the spelling on several of your posts. Sac Double Portable Longchamp [url=http://www.pascherlongchampsac.eu/sac-double-portable-longchamp-c-5.html]Sac Double Portable Longchamp[/url] , Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very troublesome to inform the reality then again I??ll certainly come again again.