Friday, July 25, 2008

Shopping Spree













Isabelle officially had her first shopping spree Thursday. Kid-to-Kid, a fantastic consignment shop in York had its annual clearance sale yesterday. The doors opened at 4:00pm; I arrived early, as I had heard that the best items went quickly. At 3:35, I hopped out of my car to stand in the front of what was to become a huge line. Each woman with given several small bags (and I mean smaller than a Wal-Mart bag), with the instructions to remove all hangers, roll clothing, and stuff them into your bags. Only clearance items would be included in the sale. With that, we were off. I ran into the store...ok, so I walked briskly, directly to the infant girl section. I quickly began checking tags to make sure the item was marked down, gently taking clothing off hangers, rolling them, and placing them into my bag. Then it hit me, this is taking way too long. Bella will only get five items at the pace I'm going. The other women were brutal. Ramming their strolling into my calves, throwing elbows to get the cutest onesies and sleepers. I grabbed anything that looked cute, left all clothing on the hangers, to be removed once I was in line, and moved from section to section like a madwoman. I had one goal: Find the cutest clothes and grab them before the woman next to me did! ha. I had one bag fully stuffed when I got in line. I managed to remove all hangers and stuff the rest of the clothing into one more bag. Not bad for a hard day's work.

Two overflowing bags of gently used clothing: $10
Actual worth of clothing: at least $250
Watching other woman act like children in a candy shop on Black Friday: Priceless

Seriously, Kid-to-Kid is worth the drive. They only accept VERY gently usedtems such as clothing, toys, shoes, baby gear, etc. Everything I've seen looks brand new. If you want to go, I have a coupon for $3 off your purchase. Let me know and I'll go with you, and I promise, no punches will be thrown!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good deal! But I bet you won't need all of those clothes. Annabelle is almost 4 months old and I think we have bought her 5 outfits-max. You will get sooo many clothes at your shower(s). Annabelle's closet was full of 0-3 month clothes...it keeps rotating through sizes. I would love to go with you (once I need to buy her clothes)! Hope you are enjoying the last couple weeks of summer! Love ya, Laura

Anonymous said...

I need to go through all the boys' clothes in the next month and clean out things that are too small and move in the things they'll be wearing for the next few months and fall. Once I know if and/or what they need, I'll let you know if we should plan a little trip. The place sure looks nice from the website! Glad you got a great deal!

Briana Almengor said...

Love the way you re-capped the whole event. : )

The cutest part of the clothes will be Isabel in them. :)

Zoanna said...

Sounds like you came out with a couple of bruises, too, girl. Man, you're competitive!:) I'm glad to see that you chose a lot of non-pink clothes because, believe me, your girlie will be inundated with pink. Great color, but you know what they say about too much of a good thing. I loved putting Sarah in greens and purples and reds and blues.

krista said...

Yay! How fun!

Glad you were successful--I may just check this place out. Google estimated a 1/2 hour drive from here. There's another family consignment shop that only accepts similiar things 10 minutes away--I usually can find pieces for $4 or less, kid or adult.

Now I need to start looking in the boy section! I better get a move on... :o)