Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Relieved

Today, I met with my boss at Southern Middle about my kids' schedules for next year. He is a wonderful man, very personable, and genuinely interested in his employees. This in mind, it shouldn't have come as a surprise when he asked, "Do you plan to return to work after the baby is born?" I had been avoiding this specific conversation, concerned that I wouldn't have a job to come back to in the fall. However, he was MORE than gracious as I relayed our plans. God willing, I will be staying home once Isabel arrives in November! And now I do not have to dance around this intention any longer. My boss was supportive and said he had planned on this scenario, but this gives him specific direction.

I feel such peace and relief now that my boss has this knowledge.

5 comments:

krista said...

Yay--always a hard conversation, even when you work in a Christian school and have bosses who are totally on board with that. There still is a position to fill. Glad your boss was supportive too.

I was also alittle nervous personally about the transition from full-time work force to full-time mom...God is so faithful!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I remember that conversation. It's definitely nerve-wracking! But such a relief afterwards!

A girl who sees said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad that this conversation went so well for you - what a blessing! :)

Leanne said...

My boss, pretty much from the day she hired me, has known that (Lord willing) I'll be providing her with roughly 9 months notice. She's been wonderfully supportive. While I'm not really excited to work out the details of that, it's a relief to know it won't be a shock to her when that day comes.

What a blessing that your boss handled is so well!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! I figured you'd be staying home but you hadn't mentioned anything, so I assumed you didn't tell your boss yet. I was DREADING the day I told my principal I wasn't coming back. I felt so sick, but like your's she was very supportive and understood. I got your message about Monday or Tuesday-either one is fine with me. I'll call you tomorrow! Can't wait to catch up :) Happy 4th!! Love, Laura