Friday, June 13, 2008

Sleepless night

It's summer vacation and I was up at 6:15 am. Why, you might ask? Well, I couldn't sleep last night due to sheer excitement and figured that was a "normal" time to actually get out of bed. I have several reasons for being as excited as a kid on Christmas Eve:

1. We get to find out the gender of our little one today! Pray that the baby cooperates and shows us what we want to see.

2. We leave for Maine late, late, late tonight/tomorrow morning. Other than the intensely long drive, I am beyond excited to get away to New England.

3. Miguel went out yesterday and made a huge purchase. The ZOOM LENS for our Nikon!!! ohmygosh. It's amazing. He is currently doing a large side job and felt that this would probably be one of the few seasons of our life that we could actually afford to buy it without feeling the strain of the money spent.

So, needless to say, I can't wait for this day to really start! I will try to post an update on the baby's gender if we can get wireless access in backwoods Maine. If not, you'll have to live in suspense until the 21st (or talk to a family member or close friend who knows).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am jealous! Zoom lens AND Maine! And you are right. Better get a zoom lens now BEFORE baby comes.

You've got a big day! Have a great trip. And let us know what you're having so we don't have to wait until you come back to find out!

Briana Almengor said...

OOOO...can't wait to find out, too. HOpe the baby cooperates for you. :)

Enjoy Maine thoroughly..it will be one of the last w/out little one(s) underfoot. And, enjoy that new lens. Miguel was wise to make such a purchase now. After kids, it seems money gets spent before it's earned. Have a BLAST!!!

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth Greer, I WILL call you and you better answer your phone! (I know, I'm impatient, but I don't want to wait until the 21st.)
PS. Are we sure it's just one :)
-MARIE

~M said...

Wooohooooo!!!!

krista said...

Enjoy your vacation--I wouldn't have been able to sleep either! Sounds glorious to be heading north about now.
Pete and I honeymooned in various parts of the Northeast in late June early July (8 years ago!). Absolutely beautiful.

Can't wait to hear what you're having!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you bad girl, teasing us this way. We will ALL know before you get back, guaranteed.

Please have Miguel put in a plug to Paul for Maine. It's where I want to go this summer, but everyone else wants to head south.