Monday, June 23, 2008

Fruit season


I love berry season, especially when I can pick my own at a local farm. The fruit somehow seems to taste that much better when it's been hand picked! Miguel and I picked 11 pounds of strawberries yesterday, knowing it will be the last of the strawberries for the season. So, in an attempt to use up the berries, I've been incorporating them into every meal!

For lunch today, I had this protein shake:

4 ice cubes
1/2 C. skim milk
1 C. nonfat, plain yogurt
1 Scoop protein powder-I used chocolate (yum!)
A large handful of strawberries (6 large ones)

Blend on high until ice is crushed, and shake is smooth. This is a super healthy, and filling shake. What is your favorite strawberry recipe?

4 comments:

A girl who sees said...

Mine is most certainly strawberry shortcake! :) I could eat it every night I think.

Anonymous said...

Where did you pick them?

Strawberries are my favorite fruit, hands down, followed by blueberries. I'll eat them any way, but love them most smothering Bryers Vanilla bean ice cream. Mmmm. But I love them in yogurt with granola for breakfast, in shakes, smoothies, on cereal, in salads, you get the picture! :)

~M said...

http://www.bettycrocker.com/Recipes/Recipe.aspx?recipeId=33894&WidgetTracking=RecentlyViewed

krista said...

I grew up enjoying strawberries and black raspberries from our garden--and know I'm spoiled to continue benefitting from my parents abundant produce.

One of my favorite ways to eat just picked strawberries is in a fresh fruit pie. See my recent post if you want the recipe. Super easy if you can find instant clear gel!