Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Doctors, Carson and other

Our June book club book is "Gifted Hands," the autobiography of Dr. Ben Carson. First, I must say that Dr. Carson did an excellent job sharing his life's journey-both personally and spiritually. The gospel is essentially laid out within the first three chapters. I loved reading of his struggles to the top and his fight to stay there. However, in sharing his successes, I at times felt that there was pride and boasting that came through. I understand that the man is incredibly talented, and perhaps my perception was due to writing style.

Drs., other. Little Migi and I have now been together 16.5 weeks. He's growing, his heartbeat is strong, and we only have to wait 1.5 weeks to see if I can start calling little Migi -Isabelle or uh, some boy name to be determined. =) Not much else new on the baby front. Still no baby bump (just a not-so-flat stomach any more), though people I know are beginning to touch my belly. Not quite sure how I feel about that yet. I saw this t-shirt in "Fit Pregnancy" and thought it was SO cute. Maybe I should invest if the belly touching gets too invasive!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hated people touching my belly in the beginning-I felt like they were just rubbing my fat rolls ;) But when I got HUGE I didn't care as much...by the end I didn't care what people did to me. I can't wait to find out what you're having! Not much longer :) Take care xoxo, Laura