Friday, June 27, 2008

Half Way

Today, Isabel and I are officially halfway through this journey together. The past two weeks have brought many exciting changes. I've started to feel her move inside of me almost daily. She loves to move around once I've eaten dessert (that's my girl!!) and am lounging on the couch.

Not only has she started to move and grow, but I am FINALLY starting to grow as well. While this has been a hard adjustment, I must admit, God has faithfully reminded me that it is all for a greater purpose. I have officially gained weight, which relieved the midwife, and some of my shorts no longer comfortably button. I've employed the Belly Band, and must say, it's worked great. I've also splurged a bit and started buying maternity clothing. What one item of maternity clothing could you not have lived without during your pregnancy? Where did you purchase it?

Here's a "belly" picture for you, taken this morning. Miguel says I look like I'm just arching my back and sticking out my stomach!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear friend! You are beautiful. Thank you for the picture.

Love ya always.
Amanda

Anonymous said...

This is a hard time, because you basically look bloated and you can't actually start wearing maternity clothes, but you old stuff is uncomfortable.

I went and bought all my maternity clothes in one swoop (plus I got to borrow some great clothes from Krista W. and Lydia). I got basics and was able to mix and match. Jeans and khakis were a must. I had one pair of each and then dress pants from Krista and a jean skirt and a cream skirt. Then I got some basic tops that I could wear with them all! They lasted me the whole way through. I have to say I LOVED my jeans and khakis and they were from the Gap.

Kristin said...

I was thinking you were starting to show when I saw you, but I didn't want to say anything in case you hadn't gained weight! Congratulations though! You look beautiful...and you want a big belly! That means a healthy baby!

krista said...

This is a strange phase, I agree. This time around I popped out early, and though my weight has stayed the same (I had some extra left over from last time!!!) it's just relocated. Wierd.

I'd lend you my stuff if I weren't going to use them...:-)
And for all of you down south that had heard there was a Gap/Old Navy Clearance store up here at Rockvale Outlets that had maternity, I'm sad to say it's no longer there!

I borrowed so much stuff from Lydia, her sister Liz, and Heather...to the extent that I finally had to go out and buy my own stuff this time. I've been surprised to find some keepers at Kohl's and Target!

My advice, don't buy anything too heavy for when colder temps hit--I wore fall clothing all winter since I was so stinkin' hot all of the time! :o)

Anonymous said...

You look adorable! I was three times that size by week 20 ;) I was a biiiig momma! My favorite piece of maternity clothes...hmmm...probably jeans from Motherhood. They were the ones that had the thin belly panel (kinda like the belly band). The last 3 weeks I grew out of everything, except those jeans. I also wore a lot of cute dresses with leggings-they were super comfy to teach in. Well, you look adorable and I can't wait to see you next week! Love ya, Laura

A girl who sees said...

You look so cute! No advice on the maternity clothes at this point - maybe in about 6 months I will have some for you ;)

This is so fun!

~M said...

When I saw your picture -- I thought the same as AJ -- you are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It in reality [url=http://www.longchampsacpliage-fr.com/sac-%C3%A0-dos-pliage-longchamp-c-3.html]Sac à Dos Pliage Longchamp[/url] was a amusement account it. Sac Longchamp Bagages [url=http://www.longchampsacpliage-fr.com/bagages-sac-double-portable-pliage-longchamp-c-11_12.html]Sac Double Portable Pliage Longchamp[/url] ,Glance complex to far introduced agreeable from you! However, how can we keep in touch?