Saturday, April 19, 2008

Camera Advice

Miguel and I have a tradition revolving around b-days and Christmas. If there is a larger item that we want to purchase, we buy it as a joint gift and then don't give each other anything else. (Well, I always ended up getting him a small little something anyway!). For our birthdays this year, we want to invest in a nice digital camera-not just a small pocket sized one. Neither of us are into photography per se, but enjoy taking pictures and want something that will produce good quality shots.

What do you currently own and would you recommend it? What was the price range (if you don't mind sharing)? What extra equipment did you purchase for your camera?

Thanks!!!

3 comments:

Zoanna said...

I have a Nikon D50 and absolutely LOVE it. Not a single regret. Easy to use, takes beautiful pictures, has a variety of settings that are easy to adjust by a simple dial turn. This from the girl who has yet to read the manual on how to take pics ON "manual"! Price was mid 500s on sale (2 years ago) and that included one Quantaray lens (I believe Quantaray is like the "starter" lens for Nikon, maybe others?) I quickly realized, as you will, that sometimes you want a wider angle (to take a group shot in a small living room, for example) but you also love a zoom so you can take pictures of icicles hanging off the tree in the middle of the yard while you lean out the living room window for three seconds! I have 3 lenses and still want more, but definitely get yourself a lens that'll take great close-up of the Miget's fingernails, eyelashes, and kissy sweet earlobes!

Anonymous said...

I have a nikon d40. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Ronan bought it as a kit that came with a starter zoom lens. You can get them for under 400 at amazon. I love the fact that you can upgrade the lenses etc. very "user friendly".

Anonymous said...

Hello,
My name is Ulysse Rouault; I'm working in PR (Deussen Global Communication)for the wine industry. I am interested in your website, and I would like to know if you put advertisment on your website. If yes what would be the ad rates and also how many viewers come to your website?
Thank you very much!
Best,
Ulysse
Here is my contact info: urouault@deussenglobal.com