Friday, April 11, 2008

9 weeks

We officially hit the 9 week mark today. Migi Junior (or the jellybean, as my dad calls the baby) no longer has a tail (wooohooo) and is the size of a grape. I hope a green grape, because I like them better.

Perks thus far of being pregnant:

1. I have gained almost 2 full cup sizes; you know what I mean. =)
2. Everyone has offered to give/lend some sort of baby gear. I even received two Bella Bands this week! Thanks, Kate.

Today, Erika and I went to Motherhood Maternity so she could look for a dress. I was browsing the clearance racks for fun, and she convinced me to try on a few fall items. I walked out with 3 sweaters for less than $45. Very exciting, though I felt a bit silly trying on maternity clothes when I am very clearly NOT showing. But, now I have something to grow into! I never thought I'd be excited to say that.

I fulfilled my pizza craving tonight with a trip to Pizza Hut. I haven't been there in over 4 years!!! And boy was it good. Totally hit the spot.

All is well thus far. I've made it 9 weeks without significant "pregnant" symptoms. Just utter exhaustion, and even then, not every day. God's grace has truly been amazing.

4 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

ya know, this about the time we found out we were having twins!

Libby said...

=) we already had our first ultrasound and only saw one baby! Miguel was convinced it was going to be triplets! Thanks the LORD it's not.

Anonymous said...

If you want to borrow any maternity stuff from me, feel free. Although some of my stuff might be a bit stretch out for you. I have one of those bands too, if you want it. It's chocolate brown with lace trim. I actually didn't use mine that much, although some women swear by them.

I've been thinking I should make you a list of things to do before you have the baby. Here's some things I've thought of so far:

*Go on vacation or at least a weekend getaway with your hubby

*Go out for a girls night

*If there's any big purchases you want/need, do it NOW!

*Sleep in every chance you get!!!!

krista said...

Just found your blog and thought I'd say hello--and congratulations! We're still hoping for another...God's timing is perfect though it's been hard. Love the sonogram thingy on your sidebar.

Will definately be checking in with you again. :-)

Hope the icky feelings are short-lived!