Friday, April 18, 2008

Maine and 10 weeks

Miguel and I really wanted to go on vacation this year to somewhere other than Ocean City. New England has always been a favorite location of mine, even before I ever visited. Five-ish years ago, Em Sleeman and I camped throughout the North East, and I fell in love with the area, especially Acadia. This year, Miguel and I decided to head to Bar Harbor, Maine, in mid-June for vacation. We booked our cabin yesterday, and are beginning to make plans for outings, restaurants, and sight seeing. Kate and Kane will be joining us for 8 days of relaxation in gorgeous Bar Harbor. I can't wait to experience Maine as a house dweller and NOT a camper =)

Today also marks 10 weeks of little Migi's life-imagine that-one more week than this time last Friday?! It's hard to imagine that I am almost out of the first trimester and could start showing physical signs of pregnancy within the next few months. The baby now has all major parts developed and is starting to grow fingernails and hair. My little "kumquat" is 1.5" long now.

3 comments:

Sacha said...

m-i-g-l-e-t-t-e. (mig-lette) Please get the name right ; ) Bar Harbor sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

Ah Maine! I could move there. You'll have so much fun! I need to dig up the info of the place where we got Lobster Pound we went to. It was soooo good.

The Great Debater said...

That sounds so exciting...I haven't been a vacation person traditionally, but I'm trying to get better. Tiff convinced me to go on vacation this summer...I don't know the last time I've planned a "true" vacation. I actually told my brother about it and he wants to go to Maine now. He love trying out new things.