Friday, May 02, 2008

Limes and other edibles

12 weeks...hard to believe we've made it this far already. I pray the coming two trimesters slow down a bit-so I can mentally adjust and prepare to the coming changes. I was weighed today at the doctors; isn't that just the MOST fun thing?! Then the nurse announced I'd lost an entire half of a pound. Was I throwing up? Not eating enough? Changing my diet to purposefully lose weight? For heaven's sakes, didn't they think that perhaps, just perhaps, it could've been due to the fact that I was wearing flipflops today and heavy shoes last month? =) On a more serious note, little Migi is now over 2" long and the size of a lime. We heard the heartbeat again today, and the nurse midwife assured me that the next visit would be easier to find the heartbeat (and see my baby bump, too).

On to other topics. Sacha makes a killer Salsa Verde (It's Judy Phillips' recipe, need I say more?). It's a fresh summer salsa, perfect for get togethers or to have on hand as a snack.

1 lb. Tomatillos (little green tomato looking things with brown husks), husked, scrubbed, and cut in half
1-2 Garlic cloves
1 Jalapeno with half of the seeds (more or less depending on desired fire)
1/2 White Onion, cut into large chunks
Lime Juice
Cilantro to taste

Put half of the tomatillos into a blender, blend until just chunky. Add all other ingredients, blend until desired texture. Add remaining tomatillos, blend again until desired chunkiness.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Lib, I still can't believe you're pregnant. I'm so excited and i just can't wait to see your BEAUTIFUL baby!

krista said...

Gotta' love the scales...GRRR.
When preggers with Natalia I was so sick I dropped quite a bit of weight in my first trimester--though I REALLY would have preferred eating (& gaining) over the 4 mos. of nausea!

All that to say, don't sweat it about the lbs.--Baby is obviously growing!

Hope you're soon feeling more peppy. The second trimester is SOOO much better (I know you know this).

Love the lime tie-in. :-)