Wednesday, May 21, 2008

hobby

I posted a while back about my new love of sewing. My sister gave my my granny's machine (seriously from the '70's), and I have managed to begin using it. My first project was a baby quilt, which was incredibly simple and fast to put together. It doesn't look perfect, but for a first try, I am please. I'll post pictures once we get the memory card for our new digital camera. We decided to go with the Nikon D40, because it came highly recommended and we found an incredible deal on Amazon.com.

Now, what else to sew? I plan to make some fun gifts for people and want to attempt an easy sun dress. So if i show up at church looking a little dumpy but proud, you'll know why!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I have a Nikon D40 and LOVE it!

krista said...

Funny you posted about sewing...I was just checking out my cousin's handbag business online. If you wanna see what she does (I think you'd like her style) here's the site: www.jalmodovar.com

Have fun! Getting a sewing machine for my 20th bday has proven to be so practical for making alterations or making my own creations--though it's been in the closet for awhile lately.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Libby :) Love, Laura