Friday, October 20, 2006

Easy (and quick) apple dip

Tonight, I went to a party hosted by one of the women in my new neighborhood. Last week she walked around to each of the new homes and invited us to her house for a get together. She said not to bring anything, but I always feel somewhat naked if I arrive empty handed. So I decided to make something "apple," spur of the moment. I thought about cutting up apples and bringing along peanut butter...corny. Then I thought about making caramel dip, but I didn't have anything to make it with. So I rushed up to the computer and searched for an easy apple dip recipe. The following recipe popped up, and I happened to have all of the ingredients.

1 Cup peanut butter (I used natural)
1 Cup brown sugar (I used Brown sugar Splenda)
8 oz. cream cheese (low fat or fat free)
1/4 Cup milk (skim)

Whisk it all together and serve chilled! Awesome with Granny Smith's.

I must say, the last minute addition to the party was a hit. Everyone asked how it was made and by the end of the evening, it had been devoured. So, if you happen to come to my house in the next few weeks, chances are, you'll be served this apple dip!

8 comments:

Zoanna said...

Sounds wonderful. I like things that have just 3 or 4 ingredients to remember.
What I am impressed by also is that this lady went door to door inviting people over. Inviting strangers in is truly biblical hospitality but why does it take so much courage for me to do it? I have no problem inviting Chinese students over for Thanksgiving ...it's invigorating...but neighbors I don't know well or whose homes are perfect on the ousides, that's intimidating.

Libby said...

Zo, I think she had an alterior motive (Mary Kay Party!!), but she really is outgoing and friendly and wanted to meet us all. I think because we are all brandnew and don't know anyone, it made it easier to invite (and attend!).

Zoanna said...

Oh well, whatever the motive, I am still impressed! That kind of thing just always makes me wish I was less of a coward by only having "church people" and family over.

Danielle said...

Hmmm, it was good!

Kate said...

Yummy. Can't wait to try this one! Thanks for sharing. And, don't worry I won't take it as a slam on my simple apples with caramel I served at care group. :) Totally kidding.

Carol said...

I didn't see any of the fruit of that labor at the shower. Where was the dip girlfriend? Holding out on us? =)

Carol

Libby said...

haha, the dip WAS at the shower, right in front of the apples! ;-P

Carol said...

my bad.....well anyway don't forget to send me the recipe for the bean stuff.