Monday, December 13, 2010

traditions, take 2

I love traditions and hope our family establishes many of our own. As a kid we

#3 Drove around Joppatowne after our church's Christmas Eve service to look at all the lights and luminaries. What a fun time together as a family, enjoying the decorated neighborhoods.

#4 Always put out milk and cookies for Santa, even though we KNEW Santa was our dad. And "Santa" always wrote us a note of thanks in return.

#5 Went to the Nutcracker with Granny. Usually, it was just me, because Sacha couldn't sit still. I got all dressed up, Granny would pick me up, and we'd drive into the city. I can still remember how magical it was sitting in those red velvet seats, watching the dancers, hearing the orchestra and feeling like there was nothing quite as amazing.

2 comments:

krista said...

How fun! How old were you when you'd go? Chuckling at the comment about Sacha not sitting still. :o)

Libby said...

I really think this started when I was in elementary school, so maybe 5 or 6. And we did until I was in middle school (and wished we had've done it even longer!!!).