Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Perfect Super Bowl Party Food

I am always trying to come up with new "party" foods. At caregroup this past week, Cathy made an amazing Buffalo Chicken Dip. Miguel loved it so much that he had me make it for the Raven's game on Sunday. I think the dip was devoured in under 5 minutes. The dip is simple to make and is sure to be a huge hit at any party you host.

Ingredients
1 lb. chicken, boiled and shredded
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened (I used one low-fat and one regular)

1 C. Ranch Dressing (low-fat)
3/4 C. hot sauce, such as Frank's
2 C. shredded Cheddar Cheese

1. In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and Ranch dressing.
2. Stir in hot sauce and 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar cheese.
3. Stir in chicken.
4. Bake in 350 degree oven until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 C. cheddar over top and let bake 2 more minutes or until melted.

Serve with tortilla chips, Triscuits, celery, etc.

5 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

I've eaten this for the last 4 days..had it at a friends on Sat. and loved it so much I had to make it myself. Did so on Sunday, ate it then, twice yesterday and for lunch today. :) Yummy stuff.
Laurie asked me to blog the recipe. I'll just direct her over here. :) IT's a winner for sure.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that stuff is awesome. I've had various versions before. Yum. Thanks for the recipe.

krista said...

Looks great!

Now we just have to see who makes it to the final two. Who are YOU hoping to see in the big game Lib? Hmmm...I wonder.

I don't care who is in it as long as it's either the Eagles or Steelers. Both would be AWESOME!!!

Unknown said...

Perfect...me and my tostitoes will be at your place for Superbowl...;)

friscojudy said...

Can't wait to try this one Libby! Thanks!