Tuesday, January 20, 2009

2 months



Isabel turned two months today and our baby girl isn't so much of a baby any more. I was looking at pictures on facebook yesterday from the past 8 weeks, and teared up. She is so big, and I wonder who let that happen? Major milestones (at least to me!) over the past weeks have included:

-Smiling at us when we talk to her. She smiles and coos the most when she's on her back on the changing pad.
-Holding her head up on her own to look around. She absolutely loves to look over her left shoulder (??weirdo??)
-Sleeping through the night, at least most nights.
-Weighing in at 9 pounds, 14 ounces. OHMYGOSH. That means size 1/2 diapers and 0-3 month clothing.

I have loved motherhood more than I ever imagined I would or could. I am amazed by the most simple of things-watching her sleep, hearing her "tired" cries, seeing her stare at colorful objects. There are many times that I cry as I realize how blessed we are; I want to remember every moment of these sweet and all-too-quickly-passing days.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing how much you are loving motherhood, Lib. She is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

krista said...

she's adorable! speaking of tired cries...oh wait, that's a hungry one! :o)

Anonymous said...

She has changed so much! She's beautiful :) Annabelle loved her changing table too! Funny. That's when she smiled the most. I get teary a lot realizing that my baby is no longer a baby :( It'll happen so fast! Love, Laura

Anonymous said...

She is really sweet. The smiles are priceless, aren't they? The way their eyes sparkle and their little heads sort of "twitch" and their whole body wiggles at the same time...there's nothing like it.

Anonymous said...

sweet ;)

Unknown said...

O my...we have the same sweater-- I love it on Kate... I just cut the flowers off so that we could wear it with more outfits...