Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Resolutions?!

When I was younger, I made resolutions every year. And miserably failed to keep a single one: Read my bible every day for a year: didn't make it past one week; Run at least three times a week: ran around the neighborhood a grand total of once before realizing I hated running. You get the picture! As I grew older, every year I would respond to the age old question, "What's your resolution?" with a pat answer, "I don't make resolutions, because I will just break them!"

Yet again this year, I don't have a single resolution. However, I AM looking forward to returning to the gym consistently (not to run!). I have no set agenda, no weight-loss goals, no intention of going daily for 2 hours. That way, if I go once a week, I haven't broken my non-resolution!!

I am also looking forward to spending time investing in my marriage. I haven't set my heart on weekly date nights, or daily in depth conversations. I haven't even made a list of places to visit and things to do together this year. That way, if we go to NYC or have a monthly date or even just play a game of cards, I will be pleasantly surprised and excited!

Do you have any non-resolution resolutions?

5 comments:

Zoanna said...

Lose weight.


If I lose, then gain, then lose, then gain,as is my habit, I shall still have lost and can add it to my tally of goals met:).

Zoanna said...

PS Sort of related, I want to try new recipes. Can you please repost or direct me to yours for hummus and the hot pepper poppers (whatever you call them)?

Anonymous said...

No, I make resolutions religiously--because I am List Girl! :) Although, since I don't suffer easily under the weight of condemnation, if I am not successful in my resolutions, I am not upset! ;)

Unknown said...

Give up Starbucks. HAHAHAHAHA...that was a good one! Woo...I crack myself up! In all seriousness though, I don't typically make resolutions. But I do desire to grow in being more disciplined in the area of exercise. I would love to run again.

The Great Debater said...

I don't have great success with keeping resolutions, so I stopped making them, however...the end of this year has brought some new things into my life, so I am making a few resolutions.

I am hoping to go to the gym at least 3 days each week before work and I would like to stay committed to my budget/savings plan.

Those are my 2 main things. The more I repeat it, the greater my chance of sticking to it...