Thursday, February 21, 2008

Surprise

This morning, I slept in. Well, tried. Miguel left around 5:00, and the dog began crying right around that time. I could hear Cuzco run around, stop, and then cry. I got up briefly to check the weather and see if we had a 2 hour delay. After, I went into the bathroom, turned on the light, and came face to face with a cat. A cat. I screamed. Why?! We don't have a cat!!!! But, there it was, a real orange tabby sitting on my sink, staring up at me. I immediately called Miguel to find out where in the world this cat had come from.

As Miguel warmed up his truck this morning, the cat had followed him and then went to our front porch. Realizing that Aaron and Erika's HOUSE cat had been OUT all night, Miguel let it in. Poor cat. First had to deal with the snow, and then my dog chasing it around the house at 5:00 this morning! Explains the crying-Cuzco apparently loves to chase the cat and then cries incessantly once it jumps too high for him to get to it. Look at this face; he wouldn't hurt a fly!!!

4 comments:

Sacha said...

no, he wouldn't : ) Ha ha ha. I just think it's funny that you felt ANY pity for a CAT!!!! I thought you were a Turek?!

Libby said...

well, i didn't really feel sorry for him. i hate him. but, did feel sorry that any indoor animal got caught in the snow and freezing weather! Maybe I am softening up a bit in my old age?!

Anonymous said...

Funny! It would be odd to find a strange animal in your house.

Anonymous said...

Aww, your dog is so cute!