Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Inspired

I have a newly developed desire to bake. Yet, my dilemma is always-we don't use white flour AND we don't use sugar (much). I was browsing around Barnes and Noble, looking for something that would satisfy our desire for GOOD desserts. And, here is what I found:


I can't WAIT to try out the recipes for Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Dessert Waffles, Chocolate Fudge Brownies, Peanut Butter Éclairs, Lemon Raspberry Cake....just to name a few!!! My first attempt at whole grain baking is going to be a carrot cake, per my husband. I am going to substitute the sugar with Splenda, yet continue using real butter. We will see how it turns out!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, Josh loves carrot cake too. This cookbook looks great. I use whole wheat in a lot of my baking, or mix it half and half with white flour, depending on the recipe. I think it's this dreary cold weather that puts us in a baking mood. I've made a cake, truffles, and cookies the past week. However, as we had people over for dinner one night, and am having accountability tonight, and Valentine's Day is tomorrow, I've used all those reasons as the excuse! :)

Kristin said...

I can't wait to try out some of this delicious baking! :)

~M said...

How have things turned out?