Saturday, February 23, 2008

d&k

Today, I took a little drive to D & K Surplus Grocery in Red Lion. It's a GREAT surplus store that sells a ton of organic (many from Trader Joe's, Wegman's, etc.), whole wheat, and no-sugar added products. It's a little bit like Aldi's mixed with BB's, from what I've heard of those two stores. D & K has some products that are expired, but can still be used-like canned goods. Most products are within a month or two of their sell-by date, and so cannot be sold in regular grocery stores. Because of the dates, prices are incredibly low. I bought canned beans for $.30/ea; name-brand salsa for $.99 a jar; Diet V8 Splash for $1.34....and I passed up a TON of great deals, because I don't have room to store it all!

Maryland gals, you really should make the trek to Red Lion. It's worth the drive-you can even meet at my house and I'll drive! Seriously.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been meaning to make a trek up to d&k. I may end up in your driveway yelling.. COME ON LIBBY>> My car is running!! :)

Leanne said...

Sounds like fun. Related work story posted on my blog though. I'll probably steer clear of the canned goods :)

Anonymous said...

I'd LOVE to! I never heard of it, surprisingly!

Anonymous said...

we should all get together.. even if we have a caravan of caravan's!! :)

Briana Almengor said...

The only reason I didn't jump in on this little caravan to D&K's is b/c I have 3 little ones who would put any dents in the cans left undented. :)
That said, one day, perhaps when the boys are in school, I'll think about making the trip.