Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Great Recipe Site

My sister in law gave me a great cooking/food magazine entitled "Cooking Light." Immediately, a short article on zucchini caught my eye. I went straight to the website and typed in "zucchini" under the "in season" tab. Up popped several dozen recipes using one of my favorite vegetables. I began to browse other recipes and realized I had stumbled across a healthy eaters' paradise. The site is full of great ideas and delicious sounding recipes. I plan to try the Oven Zucchini Chips this week.

*A helpful thought: The site is intended to be "healthy" yet many of the recipes call for no-fat ingredients. No-fat is often misleading and often means higher sugar, in order to increase the taste value. When buying ingredients for the recipes, make sure the sugar increase is slight compared to the fat decrease. When in doubt, opt for the ingredient with lower sugar.*

Thought I'd pass along the site for all of you health conscious women (and men) who love to cook AND, especially, eat!

4 comments:

CyndieO said...

I love that magazine. I have been getting it for about 15 years. Have fun with it, don't you just love cooking?
p.s. what color blue is that in your living room? From what I can tell it is the color I have been searching for.

Anonymous said...

That's a great magazine! I haven't checked out the site much, but will now!

BTW, have you ever made spaghetti with zucchini and yellow squash? It's great!

Julie said...

Thanks for the tip. I love cooking healthy, usually natural, foods. Many people don't realize that low-fat is high calorie.

I just watched Supersize Me last night and patted myself on the back for shunning McDonalds and fast food years ago.

peg said...

i need good recipes. thanks for the tip!