Saturday, March 18, 2006

Poop Ball

Yes, that's right, I said "Poop Ball." Today was another first at my job. Let me explain! I have one student who is, as of yet, unpotty trained. She is in the 3rd grade and wears pull-ups every day to school. She is on a 45 minute bathrooming schedule, in an attempt to acclimate her to toileting. No real progress over two years. Discouraging, but at times entertaining. Take today, for instance. Lashay has taken to doing a "poop squat" as we like to call it. She will bend over slightly, tense her face, and we then know that the deed's been done. Today, I caught her mid squat and raced her to the bathroom. To my dismay, we were too late. She went into the stall and pulled down her pull-up. I went to get gloves. As I walked over to her, I saw a rather large, mushy ball of poop in her pull-up. The poop ball slowly began to roll. And rolled right off of her pull-up, onto the bathroom floor. "Crap," I thought, "What do I do?! Mushy poop ball on the floor." Without much more thought, I picked that sucker up and put it right in the pot. Gagging the entire time. After the gagging stopped, the nose watering began. And continued until we were out of the bathroom.

All that to say, poop balls are entertaining and provide amusement at the end of a LONG and hard week of work!

4 comments:

Zoanna said...

Gross. I don't know how you do it. If there's one thing worse than cleaning poop up after your own kid, it's doing it for someone else's. It's one reason I could never do daycare, let alone what you do for older kids. My hat's off to ya...or my rubber gloves.

Anonymous said...

Eeeewww!

Sarah said...

Disgusting, but admirable. I couldn't have done it.

Anonymous said...

Wait until one of your kids (when you have them) drops one of those babies into the tub during bathtime!