Friday, February 05, 2010

in the kitchen.3

I always have a hard time deciding what to make for dessert, especially when it is for other people. Cake. Pie. Crisp. Cookies. Ugh. Too many choices. Then I stumbled across the easiest chocolate cake recipe. Butter, sugar, chocolate. How could it not be a hit?? Since I always have the ingredients on hand, it is now my go-to dessert. Miguel described it not so much as a cake, but as, "a really amazing brownie."


Sweet Paul's easy chocolate cake
1 stick melted butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons baking cocoa
3/4 cup plain flour

Pre-heat your oven to 320F, 160C.
Stir butter and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
Add the eggs and mix well.
Stir in vanilla, cocoa and flour.
Pour the batter in a buttered cake tin (I used a 9" tart pan) and bake for about 30 minutes.
The cake is best if its a little under-baked in the middle, like a soft brownie.
Take out and let cool a little.
serve while still a little hot a la mode or with some whipped cream.
Enjoy!

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Sounds good! My go-to cake is a very simple cinnamon sugar coffee cake that you can make in a 8x8 pan, so it's not too much but just enough!

megan haughery said...

so glad you made this and gave it a favorable review. it is on the menu for us tonight :)

Danielle said...

Made this last night and it's quite tasty. Might make it again on Wednesday for my ladies' group and serve with whipped cream & coffee, yum! Thanks for the easy recipe.

krista said...

I'm going to have to try this!

The other day I made some brownies and Pete asked what was in them. I answered "butter--lots of butter". They were so very basic though and not too sweet.

YUM!

Anonymous said...

I'm so making this tomorrow.

Briana Almengor said...

I made this last weekend during one of the blizzards. SO YUM!!!

Naomi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Naomi said...

We enjoyed this so much! Thanks for posting :)