Tuesday, February 02, 2010

in the kitchen

I figured, since I am such a pro at failing in the kitchen, I will do a mini-series on the kitchen. I seem to get all of my useless knowledge from the Today Show. Right around the holidays, they did a segment on "preventing holiday weight gain." I learned something.

Tip #1: You can reduce the amount of sugar in your baked goods by 1/4 and not alter the taste or texture.

I tried it today in banana bread. I actually reduced the sugar by half, and the bread still tastes fab. So, next time you go to measure out your sugar, reduce it by 1/4!




4 comments:

beckybivens said...

thanks for the tip, libby!

Anonymous said...

heck yes!

krista said...

will definately have to do this! thanks!

The Great Debater said...

interesting...i'm going to try this in my next baking adventure.