Wednesday, February 18, 2009

black foils

"Afflictions are often the black foils in which God does set the jewels of His children's graces, to make them shine the better...God often takes away our comforts and our privileges in order to make us better Christians." -C.H. Spurgeon, from Morning and Evening

Our life seems full of testing at the moment. We have seen God provide for us in amazing ways, only to see that same provision seemingly taken away. This week has brought about new opportunities to see just where my hope lies. Isabel's state-funded insurance has been canceled due to Miguel's new salary. Though he makes significantly less than he did at his previous job, he still makes too much for us to qualify for the insurance she was receiving. So, our application gets transferred to another agency, and we wait. We wait to see how God will provide. We pray for health and safety for our baby girl. At times, I feel like these trials will crush me. I don't always have the faith/vision to see the trials as the black foils. But my prayer is that I will remember HIS ultimate purpose in my current trials. I pray that He uses them to bring me to His feet and make my faith shine brighter.

"Trials make the promise sweet;
Trials give new life to prayer;
Trials bring me to His feet,
Lay me low, and keep me there."
-C.H. Spurgeon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will continue to keep you in my prayers!

Carol said...

I can't remember a trial or a pain
He did not recycle to bring me gain
I can't remember one single regret
In serving God only, and trusting His hand
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me.

Sara Groves

I've always loved the lyrics to this song. Thinking on these words and singing them always brought me peace. I'm praying for you and Miguel today.

krista said...

Those lyrics Carol posted came to my mind too--as well as the two songs that were my "anthems" during Natalia's birth and surgery: Casting Crowns "I'll Praise You In This Storm" and "Blessed Be The Name Of The Lord"(I forget who recorded it first).

I've been wondering how you all have been faring on this front, and will continue to pray!

Looking forward to seeing you Sunday!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

One day I was surfing web and suddenly I discovered site called www.home-businessreviews.com I discovered how to start my own home business and i was able finally leave my job where i worked 1 year, now I'm making 150$/day. I was able to earn such kind of money because I found some really great home based business reviews. At site named www.home-businessreviews.com

Anyway seems that site owner finally discovered really good home business program which helped him to start his own home based business, so he eventually decided to set up site and tell about his own experience about earning money online. It seems that he lost thousands of dollars before he found winner home business program which actually work. But which one? take a look at site below!
[url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com]home business reviews[/url]