Friday, November 07, 2008

ultrasound

Isabel is still Isabel and is set to wear pink and sleep in a flowery room =) I made sure to ask the ultrasound technician today to double, make that triple, check her gender! I get more and more nervous about Isabel coming out with a little wee-wee. Silly, I know.

The ultrasound tech believes that Isabel is around 7 pounds 2 ounces. How in the world is my little girl that big?! I don't feel big enough to have something the size of a small watermelon inside of me. The tech tried to get a good picture of her face, but it was smashed up against my uterus wall. Not much room in there, I guess. The tech also said because the baby is so low, she doesn't think it will be long before we get to see her little face. Wow. What an amazing thought. Not long now.

9 comments:

Marie said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! By the way, I've heard the weight estimate can be off by up to a pound, so don't worry about how big they say she is. (They always said mine were going to be 9 ponders and they were all 8 lbs 3 oz.) Can't wait to hear that you're a mommy:)

A girl who sees said...

That's so exciting! :)

Glad to hear she's doing well - looking forward to meeting her!

Anonymous said...

Wow, can't believe the big day will be here soon!

Melodye said...

Can't wait!!! Love, Momma O.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Lib...you're going to be a mom possibly by next week!!! I can't wait!! And you better hope its not long...since I heard they gain a pound a week at this point. 3 weeks...and you're cranking out a 10 pounder :)

Zoanna said...

Can we guess the weight? I say 6 lbs 6 oz. I think Kristin may have misheard. I believe it's just 1/2 pound a week at the end, but still!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Libby! How exciting! :) I remember triple checking at my sonograms. I mean, the room was already painted blue, so it would not have been convenient to have the incorrect gender! ;)

Zoanna is right - 1/2 lb a week at the end. But still, a lot!

Julia

Just Another said...

So exciting! As soon as Annabelle came out, I asked the dr-"It's a girl, right?" :) I was sooo nervous! I only had one sonogram and that was at 20 wks. So the chances of them being wrong were pretty high. I'm so excited for you!!! Love, Laura

Anonymous said...

somehow I published from our young adults group...opps!!! Laura