Saturday, September 13, 2008

kid funnies

My class this year is easy, almost too easy. Easy as in BORING, easy. Though I don't have problem behaviors to keep me entertained, I do have my kids' silly and bizarre sayings to keep me laughing and shaking my head through the days.

T., as we affectionately call my student with Downs, is hilarious. He has two older brothers, and I am convinced half of the stuff that T says is learned from them. This however, seems to be from his own observations of babies and their habits. Every time someone comes into our classroom or says hello in the halls he quickly tells them, "Ms. B's having a baby. Ms. B's fat. Baby's crying." I wonder if T has supersonic hearing, and perhaps Isabel really is crying?!

Last week, another student Rachael, was walking to her gym class. A teacher stopped to say hello. Rachael would not face her, but merely glanced at the teacher over her shoulder. Rachael went on to tell the teacher, "I can't talk to you this year. I am half popular." She promptly walked away. I wonder why the UNpopular half couldn't take a moment to still say hello?!

2 comments:

AJoy said...

Hysterical my friend. I have been praying for you all day today. Love ya!

amanda

Anonymous said...

Half popular, eh? Maybe if she said hello to everyone, she'd be WHOLE popular?