Sunday, March 23, 2008

Dessert Mishaps

Years ago, I made a cherry pie. The only cherry pie I've ever made. I dumped it in the oven while attempting to take it out with one hand. I had to remake it because it was for a church event.

This weekend, I made my grandmother's famous "strawberry cream cheese pretzel" dessert. An Easter tradition for the Turek's. I dumped it on Erika's kitchen floor while attempting to put it into the fridge with one hand. Seriously, I should learn NOT to hold heavy desserts with one hand! I must say though, that it still got eaten, dog hair and all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that strawberry pretzel salad. It's a favorite on my dad's side of the family.

Hey, I know about mishaps. Remember the salad we dumped before coming over to your place?

Anonymous said...

guess who was at my house for Easter? Randy and Kathy Stewart (and their 3 kiddos). Long story why, but they said they knew you :) . I told them I'd say "HI".

Zoanna said...

Eww, dog hair and all? That's really family style there!

I could post about cooking and baking mishaps. But they're blog worthy, aren't they?

Paul loves my mom's version of this salad so much that she calls it "Son-in-Law Salad."

A girl who sees said...

Haha, irritating I'm sure, but entertaining for the rest of us! Wow - yeah, I've definitely had mishaps like that. Like lighting my oven on fire while cooking shortcakes, at the same time as a friend trying to tell me how she was proposed to! What a mess.

Aimless Wanderer said...

my mom makes that every year for Christmas. She's had many mishaps. One that included her dumping the entire dessert on the kitchen floor - before the jello was set. Needless to say, she was not pleased about having to mop the kitchen floor mid-food prep.

Becoming a Morrison said...

Hey! Happy Anniversary!

Sacha said...

GO Libby!! : ) Ha ha! I remember your Cherry Pie experience. I also remembering sampling it from the oven door : ) Love you!