Friday, March 14, 2008

"Horton"


Today, our class went to see "Horton Hears a Who." It was a funny, cute Dr. Seuss movie. I saw God's provision today in some very small, yet real ways. We had to move our movie location and time, due to poor show-times at our theater of choice. The bus company, normally very difficult to deal with, was accommodating and pleasant.

When we arrived at the theater, another school group approached me and asked if we were in need of tickets. The teacher GAVE me four tickets for free. We certainly didn't need the freebie, but God is so good! He blessed me (us) when I certainly wasn't looking for it.

The above quote, which Horton continually said throughout the movie, really struck me. Figuratively, no matter how "small" I may think others are, they are still people. Still deserve respect. Still deserve care and love. Am I looking to bless those "small" people in my life?

1 comment:

Zoanna said...

Awww, I can't wait to see it. ANd I'm not a movie buff; I'm a Seuss buff, though!