Friday, March 21, 2008

eggs and milk

Today, Miguel and I went grocery shopping and noticed that the price of just about everything has risen--eggs, cottage cheese, vegetables. We were discussing how expensive it is to feed a small family of two, and how nice it is to find a great deal...

Me: Saubel's is one of the few grocery stores that consistently has chicken on sale for $1.79/lb.
Miguel: Is that a good deal?
Me: It is a great deal. Know what we should do?? Raise chickens.
Miguel: We'd have meat and eggs.
Me: And milk, too (??!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm.

chicken milk.

Anonymous said...

Got a little too excited about raising chickens, did you? ;)

But, yes, the prices are insane. One grocery store says the egg production has decreased so they have to raise the prices. Honestly, chickens going on strike doesn't make sense to me, but it is what it is.

Kristin said...

While you're raising chickens, I'm moving to Alaska to start digging a big hole hoping to hit a gas line!

But yeah...I think I'll pass on the chicken milk, blondie! :)

Zoanna said...

Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures. I'll try to milk a chicken myself if prices don't come down soon.