Saturday, September 29, 2007

October's Book Club


Kabul Beauty School: An American Woman Goes Behind the Veil


Our latest book club read is, again, a non-fiction work. Debbie Rodriguez details her journey into Afghanistan in a compelling and inspiring memoir. I'm half-way through, and don't want to put it down. Debbie's life is fascinating (she married an Afghan man she'd known for less than a month!), but honestly, the book is not superbly written. However, it has made me wonder, "Do I see my gifts as a tangible way to serve others in need? Am I thinking outside "the box" concerning avenues in which to use my talents?"

2 comments:

Zoanna said...

Ooh, I bet I'd like this one. I can overlook mediocre writing in nonfiction if the storyline is gripping. Sounds like it is.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.