Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Summer Salad

Here is a recipe for an incredible (and healthy) summer salad. I had it at a luncheon, and wasn't quite sure what the dressing was, so came up with my own. This is super hearty because of the chicken and pine nuts. I used it at dinner as the main course, and it was MORE than enough to satisfy us.

SALAD
Lettuce (I used a combination of green leaf and spinach, but you can use whatever you'd like)
2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
1/4 C. pine nuts
1/8 C. craisins
1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
Feta (I used reduced fat)

Wash and chop/tear lettuce. Add chicken, apple, craisins, pine nuts, and feta.

DRESSING
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup raspberry basalmic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup Splenda
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Put all ingredients into a jar with a tight lid. Shake until well combined.

Pour dressing over salad, and toss gently to coat.

Serves 6+ I added more lettuce and was able to get another meal out of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM, I will try this. Thanks, Libby!

Anonymous said...

Sounds very good. I love making different salads and salad dressings. Homemade dressings are so much better than store bought. I've just gotten into making them again this year.

Anonymous said...

Libby, this was amazing! I fixed it tonight and we forgot the pine nuts, but it was delish!