Friday, July 13, 2007

Shock

Monday, I went to a plastic surgeon....No, not to remove my cellulite or rid myself of unsightly stretch marks (I am doomed during pregnancy!). I was having the mole on my face biopsied. We decided at my last visit to leave the mole and biopsy it first. If the results of the biopsy came back with negative results, then we'd proceed with removal. The surgeon stated that there would be a noticeable scar if I had the mole removed. My face is definitely not a place I want a scar. Besides, I've had the mole since childhood and barely notice it.

The biopsy procedure last less than half an hour, I got three stitches and nearly passed out. The doctor bandaged me up well, and told me to let the band aids fall off naturally. So I had no idea what was under the bandage. He said to come back on Tuesday to discuss the results of the biopsy and have the stitches taken out. Today, the edges of the band aids were coming loose, so I pulled them off. To my surprise, my mole is GONE! I had to go find Miguel. "Look, it's GONE!! He didn't just biopsy it, he whacked it off!" Miguel replied, "Well, sue him for malpractice!" What a go-getter husband =)

I do have the three stitches, but the mole, at least from my perspective, is definitely gone. Shocking.

4 comments:

Sacha said...

Im sure that everything will be ok soon! Love you!

Anonymous said...

yes, shocking...

Zoanna said...

Wow. I should bandage excess fat and see what happens.

Sacha said...

i seriously can't afford it : (