Saturday, September 30, 2006

fall


I love fall. Especially days like today--chilly enough to wear a sweatshirt. I went grocery shopping and picked up a large bag of apples from a local orchard, with the thought of making apple crisp. So, here is my easy, delicious, and healthy apple crisp recipe! It's not fancy, but it is quick and surely serves its purpose.

4 medium apples, sliced (I used a mixture of granny smith and a red tart apple)
3/4 cups packed brown sugar (I used 1/2 cup slenda, 1/4 cup brown sugar)
1/2 cup flour (I used wheat)
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup butter, softened, NOT melted(I used Smart Balance)
3/4 teaspoon each Nutmeg and Cinnamon (I always add a tad more!)

Heat oven to 375. Grease sides and bottom of 8x8x2 pan. Place apples in bottom of pan.

Mix remaining ingredients. Pour over apples.

Bake in oven for 30 minutes, or until apples are fork tender and topping is slightly browned. This is excellent served warm with vanilla icecream (no sugar added, of course!!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I made this last weekend, it was so good and one of my favorites! Tonight I'm making "Easy Sticky Toffee Dessert."