Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursday's moments of comedic relief

1. You know you love junk food too much when this quote comes out of your mouth:

"...and then it started hailing. How big was the hail? The size of a peanut M&M. I am not kidding." (not, the size of a dime...or the size of your thumbnail...no, instead, the size of an edible!)

2. At work, we use digital voice output devices for students who are unable to speak or efficiently communicate their thoughts. The device we use holds 8 pictures and when one is pushed, a preprogrammed message of our choice plays. This week we've been studying nutrition. So we made a healthy snack today--trail mix with low sugar items. Yum. I asked my teaching assistant to program the device before class began with the steps of the recipe. Unbeknownst to me, she had another friend of ours "help" her out. Each button was a step of the recipe read in a rather dramatic fashion, with a flair that only Mr. Eddie could add. The last button was SUPPOSED to say "Now eat your healthy snack." Instead it very clearly said, "Now eat your healthy snack. Libby your fly is down." Next time, I suppose I'll have to test each button before allowing my students to use the device!!!!

What comedic relief have you had over the past few days?

2 comments:

Abi said...

haha - that's great! I miss you guys - but not always the stress of LTM....hope you get Eddie back at some point, btw.

Sacha said...

That is AWESOME!! I love him!! I think that he could be my best friend: )