Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Quirky Restaurant, Great Food

Have you ever recommended a restaurant based solely upon atmosphere? I haven't, and don't plan to start. Seriously, what is great atmosphere without the food to match? So, with the thought of great surroundings and food, I want to make a suggestion. If you have never ventured to the Paper Moon Diner on W. 29th Street in Baltimore, you MUST. The diner is just south of Hopkins. You can't miss it. It is the purple restaurant with a crazy mannequin, bathtub, you name it, out front. The diner is open 24 hours, which to some makes it more convenient, to others, that is simply a fact. Who really wants to head to the city at 3 am for a bite to eat? I said the atmosphere was great. Let me explain. Barbie dolls, random superhero memorabilia, coins, tree limbs, menu covers made out of old book and record covers, mismatched old wooden tables. Everything eclectic you could possible imagine lines the walls, ceilings, floors, counter tops. But, decor aside, the food is a decent bang for your buck. Their breakfast foods are delicious. Their sweet fries are incredible. And their desserts, well, I crave the peanut butter pie just thinking about it. Warning, your server might be tattooed or pierced up, but hey, who isn't these days?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Paper Moon! And I agree, the breakfast food is the best in my opinion. I particularly remember a fun late dinner there with Amanda, Zac, and Rob, after an India.Arie concert at ArtScape!

Abi said...

Yay for Paper moon! It was a lot of fun to hang out with you and have dinner in a fun place. We'll have to do it again sometime soon....

Kristin said...

LAst time I was there was with you, AJ, and Danny...when we thought the waiter was hitting on us. But in reality he really did accidentally leave off everything from our bill except 2 coffees!

I wonder if Danny after got a random call from the waiter! That is a fun diner though!