Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Verse of Impact

Recently, I have been struck by two simple, yet profound verses.

Psalm 135:5-6
I know that the LORD is great,
that our Lord is greater than all gods.

The LORD does whatever pleases him,
in the heavens and on the earth,
in the seas and all their depths.

He does whatever pleases Him. For me, these verses are beginning to have significant impact on my relationship with my husband. Because He pleased to do so, He chose Miguel as the perfect husband for me; because He pleased to do so, He chose me as the perfect wife for Miguel. This is truth from scripture for my life today in the moment.

Are you struggling within your circumstances? I encourage you not to ask "why" like I so often and frequently do, but rather, view your circumstances as those that God pleased to place you in. This is truly a life altering change of perspective.

2 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

How exciting to see God's Word bearing this fruit in your heart!! Thank you for the encouragement to the rest of us to allow it to do the same in our hearts.

Danielle said...

Thanks for the encouragement and I'm so glad this verse is being planted into your heart and life! That verse really impacted me today, as I have been asking "why" alot lately, not so much in regards to my personal circumstance but to that of another who is very close to me. Although I don't understand God's ways, (or always the sin that He allows us as humans to commit) I know I can trust Him, not only for myself (easy for me to do) but for others (hard for me to do).