Saturday, February 18, 2006

UN-Valentine's Celebration

For the past two years, Miguel and I have ventured to the Melting Pot Restaurant in Towson with three loyal friends--Em Sleeman, Em Connell, and Kane Minton. Each year, our party grows, a good friend, a new girlfriend. I anticipate our evening together from the beginning of January. Great food and wonderful friends. Tonight, we continue the tradition! Cheese appetizer, meat and seafood dinner, and oh the chocolate dessert! But, beyond the food, the fellowship always amazes me. I walk away realizing how blessed I have been. God has graciously given me friendships that are not only meaningful, but endure over the years! He is so good to me.

So....Here's to an UN-Valentine's Celebration at the Melting Pot.

Do you have any fond "Friendship" memories attached to a restaurant?

3 comments:

Zoanna said...

Red Brick Station for me. Not only have I been there with my very best, all time friend, Paul, I have also met my friend, Renee G,, a homeschooling friend to discuss ABC's and SAT's in the same sentence. We had dinner Kevin and Missy there one night and enjoyed a lot of laughs. And all Zub girls and their moms go there every time there's a family gathering with the out-of-town relatives.

Danielle said...

J. Paul's and Houston's in Georgetown. When I was an intern in Virgina at Homeschool Legal Defense me and the girls had some great meals there!

Briana Almengor said...

There's a nostalgia associated to Dunkin' Donuts for me, not due to any friendship memories necessarily; although, had some pretty emotional times there with an old college fling.
I used to go to DD during college to get a huge cup of hot chocolate and study. I lived in an apt. with 4 other girls and I'd always run into too many people I knew at the cafe behind our apt, so I went a little further off campus to DD where the only distraction was usually old men and their funny conversations about all the town news. :)
Since the boys were born, I have been frequenting the DD right up the road from us to have quiet times w/ the Lord from time to time. It brings back the glory days of old for me.