Monday, February 13, 2006

Song

I was wondering, in light of Valentine's Day, what is your favorite love song? Though not my favorite, our first dance song will always have special memories attached to it!

"When You Say You Love Me"
Like the sound of silence calling,
I hear your voice and suddenly
I'm falling, lost in a dream.
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting,
You say those words and my heart stops beating.
I wonder what it means.
What could it be that comes over me?
At times I can't move.
At times I can hardly breathe.


When you say you love me
The world goes still, so still inside and
When you say you love me
For a moment, there's no one else alive

You're the one I've always thought of.
I don't know how, but I feel sheltered in your love.
You're where I belong.
And when you're with me if I close my eyes,
There are times I swear I feel like I can fly
For a moment in time.
Somewhere between the Heavens and Earth ,
And frozen in time, Oh when you say those words.

[bridge:]
And this journey that we're on.
How far we've come and I celebrate every moment.
And when you say you love me,
That's all you have to say.
I'll always feel this way.

When you say you love me
The world goes still, so still inside and
When you say you love me
In that moment,I know why I'm alive

When you say you love me.
When you say you love me.
Do you know how I love you?

5 comments:

Sacha said...

Aren't you glad that I gave you MY first dance song? I'll just have to find a new one.

Briana Almengor said...

Reading your two most recent posts back to back, I will pray for you tomorrow (Valentine's Day) as it may be another opportunity to put those expectations on the alter. And, I'll see you Wed. night to ask you about it. You can ask me how I did, too!
As for my favorite love song, it would have to be Alyson Krauss' version of "When You Say NOthing At All"....if you haven't heard it, i'll sing it to you sometime.

Danielle said...

Great question, Lib. Who's the artist who performs your favorite song?

"At Last" by Etta James is my favorite, and that was our first song at our wedding. Briana, we also danced to "WHen You Say Nothing At All," which I also love.

Zoanna said...

This reply will date me, but one of my faves is "Flesh of my Flesh,' which was not only sung at my wedding, but to which we put a musical interpretation to on stage. (Baptist church wouldn't allow a "dance," but 3 of my women friends did an 'interpretive movement" as part of our ceremony."

Libby said...

Josh Groban performs the song I posted...sorry, forgot to give him credit! =/ I also love, "To make you feel my love" by Garth Brooks