Monday, September 05, 2005

five down...

175 left to go! For those of you who are teachers, or were teachers, or will be teachers someday, 180 is the magical number. 180 days from the first day of school until the last. 180 days of teaching AND learning. 180 days of joys and pains. (180 days until I back on the white sandy beaches in the Carribean for my first anniversary!) 180 days full of hugs, kisses, laughs, and giddy screams. 180 days with children who need more love and care than I could ever possibly provide outside of God's grace and strength. It seems completely overwhelming. I have been given 180 days to significantly impact the lives of 7 children. 180 days to meet nationally regulated standards for achievement and learning. 180 days to love on my kids like they've never been loved on before! 180 days to ensure they leave the school building better off than they were the moment they walked into my room.

I've talked about my kids so much that I thought I would post their pictures here over the next week or so! I love to brag about them and tell everyone that I really do have the cutest class! So over the next 180 days I am sure that you will hear (and see) stories of our eventful lives in the "Pink" room. WELL...here we go...

The first day of school MIkel drank strawberry milk and had a severe allergic reaction. Think "Hitch" if you've ever seen it! She was rushed to the nurses' office and then wisked away to the hospital by her parents! Never a dull moment in the life of a special educator!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristin said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures! Its always helpful to have pictures to go with the stories! And she is a cutie!! Just remember that the next time she bites you! ;)

Danielle said...

Looking forward to more school stories and pictures! I'm going to enjoy getting to know your class via the internet!

Zoanna said...

I'm sure it won't take but 10 percent of those 180 days for kids to know how much you love 'em.

I have one more thing to say: I , not you, have the cutest class!