Monday, December 07, 2009

It's time


...time to take up the traditions of the ladies in my family. This Christmas, despite Miguel's protests, I am going to make Whoopie Pies (my mom's recipe, IF I can find it) and Moon Cookies (a Lithuanian tradition, and my grandmother's recipe). Whoopie Pies are a lot of work, so I've never attempted them. I used to despise Moon Cookies, so I've never made them. I am up for a challenge. Bring on the Whoopie Pies. My tastes have changed. Bring on the Moon Cookies.

4 comments:

Sacha said...

send me both recipes if you can find them.

Danielle said...

My favorite whoopie pie is an oatmeal raisin recipe I have with this delicious filling. Yum! Have fun making them!

Vegan Burnout said...

I have a vegan whoopie pie recipe! Now I should try it. If you can send me the recipe, I'll try veganizing the moon cookies too! Anything moon-related is right up my alley. :)

krista said...

What's a moon pie?

You just reminded me that I never posted the pumpkin whoopie pie recipe I promised to do a few weeks ago. LOL. Oops.

Can't go wrong with Chocolate PB Whoopie pies! Speaking of which, where did I put that recipe?! I'm suddenly hungry. :o)