Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Girl

Isabel, my baby girl, your first birthday is today, and truly the last year has flown by. I miss the sweet little baby you were, but love the crazy little girl you've become. I miss having you sleep contently, with your head rested against my chest. But I love the way you throw your head back and chuckle for no good reason. I love the way you come running to me, your mouth wide open, screaming "ahhhhh" because you want a kiss. When you're tired, you get ridiculously silly which makes us laugh constantly. You run around the room trying to kiss everything in sight.

Right now, you are loving your "Little People" farm books, balls, babies, and of course Cuzco. You follow me around, but also play on your own. You have managed to take every baking and cooking utensil I own out of the cabinets, but can't seem to put them back. The toilet paper is never around the roll, and I can't help but let you do unroll it every time. You laugh and giggle, and my heart melts!

Precious baby girl, our prayer for you is that you will grow up to love our Savior. That you will be a beautiful girl-inside and out. That you will cling to His faithfulness and goodness, no matter what the coming years hold. We love that God chose us to be your parents and truly cannot wait to watch you grow.

6 comments:

Vegan Burnout said...

Happy birthday, lovely little Isabel! I can't wait to meet you after following your adventures all year!

Marie said...

What a sweet post LIb. You're such a good mama!

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday Isabel, and sweet post Lib. Congratulations for a first year well done to you too! ;)

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!

~Dawn

krista said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! Can't believe you're one already! Does that mean my little man is having a birthday soon?! This mama better get crackin'!

LisaN said...

Yea for an awesome first year! Rejoicing with you at this milestone, and totally understanding how bittersweet it is in some ways. Maybe we'll just have to have another baby to get the best of both worlds? :-)