Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Love

As I have recounted the events of last year, God has brought about amazing changes in us as a couple, and especially in Miguel. As we are quickly approaching this new season of parenthood, I have seen Miguel grow and mature like never before.

Where fear once ruled in the area of finances, peace and faith in God's provision have taken its place. Miguel has diligently pursued sidework to ensure that we have adequate savings set aside for the time when I am no longer fully employed. He never ceases to amaze me in the way he works late hours, at times to exhaustion, gets up early and does it all over again. How easily I grumble and complain, yet he cheerfully labors so that our family will be abundantly cared for. I love that about him.

Miguel has visibly and verbally displayed a growing excitement for his role as father. When I asked what he's most looking forward to in the coming season, he stated, "I just want to hold her in my arms." A huge smile spread across his face, and I could see his deep love for our little one before she's even born. It has made me fall more in love with him daily. His gentle and quiet spirit, which I so admire and am jealous of, is one that will serve him well as he learns to be a daddy and leader of our little one. Isabelle is blessed to have a father with a heart as kind, gentle and tender as Miguel's.

I am blessed to have a husband with a heart so kind, so gentle and so tender. I pray I will become more like him as we walk through life together, year-by-year.

5 comments:

Melodye said...

Ah Libby, a man and his daughter -- their bond is a very, very special thing!! Danny O cannot listen to a father/daughter song on the radio without breaking down. I tell him his tough demeanor is all a "facade." We are on the other end of this parenting thing, but the days, if you can imagine, get sweeter -- the relationship grows deeper. I hope you have a great day and thanks so much for praying for me! Melodye

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Miguel!! Have fun tonight Lib...and I'll see you bright and early tomorrow...or at 11 ;)

Anonymous said...

Aw, so sweet. Happy Birthday Miguel!

It's a sweet thing to experience a man becoming a father.

krista said...

There is something truly special about seeing your big tough man hold his little girl--Pete just adores his sweetpea.

A wonderful tribute to your honey and God's amazing grace. :o)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tribute, Libby. You've got quite the man. I'm so glad to hear about the peace that's come in finances. I'm glad Miguel expresses the feelings so tender ("I just want to hold her in my arms.") I can see him being like my Paul, getting a neck ache staring down at her but never giving it a second thought. Paul can't attend weddings anymore w/o crying. He always says to the dad, "How DO you DO it?" (not cry) and they say, "I've got most of the crying out at this point, but wait till tomorrow...." Love ya'll. H.B. Miguel!