Tuesday, August 12, 2008

94 days

I looked at my baby ticker this morning and realized we are under the 100 day mark. How did that happen so quickly?! Time has literally flown by, and I am wishing it would slow down just a bit. Though I am feeling more and more ready to have Isabelle with us, I am NOT ready in the life-altering-change sense. But then again, would I really ever be ready for that? We've begun the practical steps to welcome her into our home. We registered at Babys R Us; we bought baby bedding; we picked out paint colors for the nursery; we are scoping out furniture; and we are starting to plan for her actual birth. Through all of this, we are growing in excitement to see our baby and hold her in our arms.

In other news...Miguel and I went to Fogo De Chao's on Saturday night for his birthday dinner. We'd heard a lot about it, and were excited for an "all-you-can-eat" meat restaurant. It was quite an experience, to say the least. There was more meat in one restaurant than I thought possible! By far, our favorite was the lamb. If you flip your coaster to the green side, waiters rush over with skewers of meat and slice it onto your plate. When you want a break, flip the coaster to red. Green, Red. Green, Red. Green, Green, Green. You get the picture. We walked away quite stuffed, and not quite sure we'd go back. It was worth the visit, but not all the hype we'd heard. If you've been, what was your experience like? Would you go back?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Libby,
You did a great job registering! I looked through your registry quickly (I look through it thoroughly later...) and it looks great. If I were you, I'd take off the socks & mits-they were useless for me. Annabelle was mostly sleepers and I never put socks on here. Oh, get the lansinoh nursing pads-they are the ones I was most impressed with. Oh, I had a swaddle me but never really liked it. Nikki let me borrow a 1-2-3 swaddle blanket-changed my life! You can use it from newborn until you stop swaddling them. Here's the linkhttp://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3016262 It's so hard to find a blanket wide enough to swaddle-this works wonderfully! And I don't see a bouncy seat on your registry-get one! Annabelle was high maintenance & one of the only things that would hold her attention was the Fisher Price Aquarium bouncer. Oh, get a play mat (Baby Einstein makes great ones) and a very busy activity center (exersaucer). Ok, I think that's all ;) Can't wait to see that growing belly! xoxo, Laura

Anonymous said...

Pardon all of the typos...Annabelle is napping and I'm doing a million things at once ;) xoxo, Laura

AJoy said...

94!!! You are going to be a great Momma... organized, organized organized. And when you need help getting more organized, I can come and help ; ) Because we know that's exactly what you need.

Anonymous said...

I remember what I wanted to tell you. I have a prenatal yoga video, if you want to borrow. It's a little one with nature-ish, but the moves are good.

Anonymous said...

Loved checking out your registry pics! So fun! I never needed those little hand mits either. I think it depends on your baby, though, so who knows if you'll need them. I never used nursing pads either, and gave all mine away. I had two boxes! But, better have them just in case!

I loved the J J Cole fleece Bundle Me! Used that for the boys. So much better than blankets! I have the pacifier pod too, and it's nice to be able to know where they are (usually).

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have a play mat, if you want to borrow. They're nice to have, but don't use them long.