Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day

Well, to quote my teacher friend Kristin, "No one died; no one cried. It was a success." That about sums up my first day back to school with the kids! All survived and no tears were shed, not even by me. However, I forgot what it was like to be on my feet all day. I am utterly exhausted, but realize how blessed I am to have four students this year. The dynamic between them was great, especially since my trouble maker moved on to the high school this year. I think the next 58 days until my retirement will fly by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st day!

Anonymous said...

Your retirement...that's cute :) Girlfriend, I was as big as a house & didn't stop teaching until the day before I delivered! My poor feet throbbed and it took everything in me to come to work! ha. I'll feel your pain. I'm glad your 1st day back went well. Have a great rest of the week (I almost typed west of the reek!) Love ya, Laura

krista said...

Glad to hear your first day back went well!

I remember going back to teach at the church's school until the 2nd of December (until I was about 8+ mos. along) and honestly, though it was physically tiring at times, I was SOOOOO thankful to have something to occupy my mind and time.

When the day of my "retirement" came, I just marveled at God's direction and timing--I wouldn't have wanted to stop earlier OR later!

Praying that is so with you as well. :o)

Melodye said...

Retirement!?!? HA!! Just you wait -- as the mum of a 26 and 23 year old... the 80's and 90's are a fuzzy blur!! I think I finally woke up! (To find I have a brain tumor... :-) JK!! Momma O.