Saturday, May 20, 2006

Vacuum

"I want a new vacuum!" "Stupid thing, won't even pick up a piece of paper!" "MIGUEL...it's putting our more dirt than it's picking up!"

All of these cries (more like screams) have come from my mouth, particulary, over the past two weeks. Our vacuum, mysteriously, decided not to pick up lint, dirt, hair, or anything else for that matter. At Christmas time, I had sucked up a plastic icycle, yet could not manage to find it in the vacuum's hose. Not a problem, maybe it just disappeared?!! I completely forgot about the icycle. Then, two weeks ago, the vacuum stopped working. No matter how hard I pushed, pulled, and shoved, my floors just seemed to get dirtier with each swipe.

Today, I had to figure out the mystery. Why wouldn't my vacuum work?! Maybe it was God's way of saying it was time for me to buy that $499.99 Dyson that I've been eyeing up?!!! Or maybe it was just God's way of telling Miguel to take the vacuum apart piece by piece? Both are equally fun options.

As Miguel unscrewed each and every screw in the machine, he began pulling out clumps of lint and hair and dirt and dust and other pieces of mess. Then wouldn't you know it, out came the missing icycle! I guess it didn't simply disappear? But, I must say, the vacuum has never been cleaner and has never worked so well!

4 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

Funny that i've been coveting a Dyson lately, too.

Anonymous said...

I've heard great things about Dyson on carpet, but Rebecca Stryker says that they don't even pick up cherrios off of hard wood floor. Since I have all hardwood floors, I guess that won't work for me! I'm glad yours is working better. How's packing going?

faith ann raider said...

:-) I was just taking apart my vacum this morning!! It gives one such a wonderful sense of accomplishment to get all the hair & etc. out.
Love the title of your blog - it's nearly the same as mine!

Abi said...

Hey Lib,
Been a while, but I actually posted something today. And I thought about you and wanted to say hi. Hope you're doing well and that you've straightened out the vacuum issues. Also hope that you are enjoying the summer and your new place. Call or say hi sometime.